The best candidates for breast augmentation also see the greatest boost in self-esteem resulting from the procedure. Why? They are healthy, well-informed women who already have a positive self-image. In addition, they typically share the following characteristics:
- They are emotionally stable and physically healthy.
- They have clear, rational reasons for wanting breast implants.
- They feel dissatisfied with their current breast appearance and excited about the prospect of breast implants.
- They have realistic expectations about what breast augmentation can and cannot achieve, including its effect on their self-esteem.
- They understand the risks and are willing to assume responsibility for pre- and post-operative care.
- They accept that breast implants require follow-up visits and will eventually need to be replaced.
If you are considering breast implants and want to learn as much as you can before your consultation, see answers to our most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about breast augmentation. At West County Plastic Surgeons, we believe that the best patients are well-informed ones.