Chemical Solutions in St. Louis
Peels use a chemical solution to smooth the texture of your skin by removing the damaged outer layers so that fresh, dewy skin can be revealed. Depending on the peel used, the agent can be applied and neutralized or left on for several hours for optimal results. Although chemical peels are used mostly on the face by the aestheticians at West County Plastic Surgeons Spa, they can also be used to improve the skin on your neck, décolleté, and hands.
A chemical peel is one of the least invasive ways to improve the appearance of your skin. Sun exposure, acne, or natural aging can leave your skin tone uneven, wrinkled, spotted, or scarred.
Superficial chemical peels at St. Louis’ West County Plastic Surgeons Spa include alpha hyrdoxy acid (AHA) and beta hydroxy (BHA) acid blends.
At West County Plastic Surgeons Spa, superficial chemical peels are recommended as an enhancement to one of our facials.
- Length of procedure: Up to 20 minutes.
- Estimated recovery time: None.
- Side effects: Pink skin, minimal flaking that can be covered with makeup.
- Contraindications: Salicylates/Retinols — Pregnancy
- A retinol booster for $10 will aid in extra exfoliation after superficial chemical peels.
To learn more about superficial chemical peels in St. Louis, contact West County Plastic Surgeons Spa at 314-996-8800 or send a message online.