Get Fast, Effective, Minimally Invasive Cellulite Treatments in St. Louis for Telltale Dimpling on the Buttocks and Thighs
One of the most advanced cellulite treatments in the world today is available at West County Plastic Surgeons. With Aveli™, St. Louis-area patients who want to address unwanted dimples can enjoy smoother skin with a reduction in cellulite after just one simple treatment. The practice was also one of an exclusive 40 across the country to help launch Aveli™ in 2022.
Aveli™ is a cellulite treatment that allows for real-time confirmation of targeting the underlying cause of each dimple. It’s a non-surgical procedure that provides beautifully smooth and long-lasting results.non-surgical procedures that provide beautifully smooth and long-lasting results.
To find out if you’re a candidate for Aveli™, contact our St. Louis office by calling (314) 996-8800, or requesting your consultation online.
What Is Cellulite?
Roughly 85 to 90 percent of women over age 30 have some degree of cellulite, making it an incredibly common cosmetic complaint.
The dimpling—sometimes called "orange peel skin"—is typically associated with fat, and while there is some relationship between the two, neither is a guarantee of the other. People with excess fat may have smooth skin, while people with a skinnier silhouette still frequently deal with the cosmetic skin condition.
The problem lies in the connective bands that connect the uppermost layers of skin to the tissue beneath. For many women, expanding fat cells push the skin outward. In areas where there is a connective cord, the surrounding fat can bulge around it, leaving an indentation or pucker where a small patch of skin is held back, unable to move outward like the surrounding expanse. This can and does happen to the vast majority of women, a process that may also be related to estrogen levels and circulation issues. About 10 percent of men may experience cellulite of their own.
Although cellulite creams, lotions, devices, and treatments abound, all of these options offer varying (often minimal) success levels and patient satisfaction. Cellulite treatment results have been inconsistent. Until now.
How Does Cellulite Form?
As noted above, the problem lies in the connective bands that connect the uppermost layers of skin to the tissue beneath. Fat cells increase and press up against the skin while the tough connective cords pull down, causing an uneven surface. Aveli™ is available to men and women alike seeking an effective cellulite treatment.
What Is Aveli™?
Aveli™ targets the collagen bands responsible for dimpling on the buttocks and thighs. The device moves just under the skin, emitting light that allows the operator to quickly identify how deep it is, as well as confirm the location of cellulite-causing septae.
Once a problematic collagen band is discovered and hooked by the Aveli™ device, a very small blade severs the band to release the tension. Aveli™ allows for incredible precision, with the provider cutting only those septae responsible for dimpling and leaving others intact.
Aveli™ results will be visible after the initial bruises fade, which can take approximately a month. Sustained improvement has been visible when checked three months after an Aveli™ treatment session.
Details About Aveli™ for St. Louis Residents
- Anesthesia: Local anesthetic solution to reduce sensation in the treatment area
- Length of procedure: Each Aveli™ session is unique, but should take about an hour at most
- Estimated recovery time: Many people get back to their regular activities in 24 hours
- Side effects: Expect bruising and tenderness in the treatment area to last for up to a month
Procedures That Complement Aveli™ in St. Louis?
- CoolSculpting®. Stubborn pockets of fat respond well to technology that reduces fat through cryolipolysis (fat breakdown through cooling). This non-invasive, non-surgical body-sculpting procedure works well on many of the same areas of the body that are prone to cellulite.
- Thigh Lift. Following significant weight loss, many patients find that they have loose, sagging skin on their inner and/or outer thighs. A thigh lift removes this excess skin and improves the overall contour of the upper leg.
- Tumescent Liposuction. West County Plastic Surgeons offers the most advanced liposuction techniques to help patients surgically remove excess fat. Liposuction can be performed prior to Aveli™ for exceptional results.
To schedule your consultation for Aveli™ at the St. Louis office of West County Plastic Surgeons, contact us about cellulite treatment by calling (314) 996-8800 or sending a message online.