Clearing Blackheads and Whiteheads in St. Louis
Extractions are conducted by our aestheticians at West County Plastic Surgeons Spa in St. Louis with the application of light pressure and/or a comedone extractor to clear blackheads or whiteheads, which are oils and proteins trapped in the skin. In some cases, a tiny needle may be used to either relieve pressure or create an opening for a milia to come out with more ease. The result of an extraction is clearing and refinement of the skin, as pores appear smaller and skin texture is less rough.
- Length of procedure: 30 or 60 minutes.
- Estimated recovery time: None, high frequency energy is used to calm the skin after extractions.
- Side effects: Redness that dissipates within a few hours.
- Contraindications: Self treating can interrupt healing time and may cause self-induced scarring.
- Price: 30 minutes at $65 / 60 minutes at $95.