Cellfina® And Aveli™
Fast, Effective, Minimally Invasive Cellulite Treatments in St. Louis for Telltale Dimpling on the Buttocks and Thighs
Two of the most advanced cellulite treatments in the world today are available at West County Plastic Surgeons. With Cellfina®, St. Louis-area patients who want to address unwanted dimples can enjoy smoother skin with a reduction in cellulite after just one simple treatment. The practice was also one of an exclusive 40 across the country to help launch Aveli in 2022. This cellulite treatment allows for real-time confirmation of targeting the underlying cause of each dimple.
Both options are non-surgical procedures that provide beautifully smooth and longlasting results.
To find out if Aveli™ or Cellfina® are right for you, contact our St. Louis office by calling (314) 996-8800, or requesting your consultation online.
Cellfina at 7 months
Cellfina before and after
Roughly 85 to 90 percent of women over age 30 have some degree of cellulite, making it an incredibly common cosmetic complaint.
The dimpling—sometimes called "orange peel skin"—is typically associated with fat, and while there is some relationship between the two, neither is a guarantee of the other. People with excess fat may have smooth skin, while people with a skinnier silhouette still frequently deal with the cosmetic skin condition.
The problem lies in the connective bands that connect the uppermost layers of skin to the tissue beneath. For many women, expanding fat cells push the skin outward. In areas where there is a connective cord, the surrounding fat can bulge around it, leaving an indentation or pucker where a small patch of skin is held back, unable to move outward like the surrounding expanse. This can and does happen to the vast majority of women, a process that may also be related to estrogen levels and circulation issues. About 10 percent of men may experience cellulite of their own.
Although cellulite creams, lotions, devices, and treatments abound, all of these options offer varying (often minimal) success levels and patient satisfaction. Cellulite treatment results have been inconsistent. Until now.
What is Cellfina®?
The Cellfina® technology approved by the FDA in August 2015 was the first clinically proven system designed to reduce the appearance of cellulite in just one treatment. The in-office cellulite treatment requires no surgery and no general anesthesia, and results typically last up to three years or more. Cellfina® gives patients just what they've been dreaming of: a long-term cellulite solution that enables them to wear whatever they want with confidence.
Unlike previous leading cellulite treatments that involved incisions, Cellfina® is minimally invasive. There are no sutures involved, and downtime is minimal.
Patients treated with Cellfina® report a remarkable 96 percent satisfaction rate three years after their treatment. At West County Plastic Surgeons, we believe that the difference lies in the approach. The Cellfina® cellulite treatment differs from what came before because it addresses the primary cause of cellulite: the fibrous connective bands that pull on the skin’s surface and create a dimpled, bumpy look on a woman’s buttocks or outer thighs. The Cellfina® procedure involves the use of a needle-sized microblade to release the connective bands and relieve the tension they create on the skin, helping create a smoother, more uniform surface.
How Does Cellulite Form?
Cellulite is associated with fat, and while there is some relationship between the two, neither is a guarantee of the other. People with excess fat may have smooth skin, while people with a skinnier silhouette still frequently deal with the cosmetic skin condition.
As noted above, the problem lies in the connective bands that connect the uppermost layers of skin to the tissue beneath. For many women, expanding fat cells push the skin outward. In areas where there is a connective cord, the surrounding fat can bulge around it, leaving an indentation or pucker where a small patch of skin is held back, unable to move outward like the surrounding expanse. This can and does happen to the vast majority of women, a process that may also be related to estrogen levels and circulation issues. About 10 percent of men may experience cellulite of their own.
Cellfina® is available to men and women alike seeking an effective cellulite treatment.
Details About Cellfina® for St. Louis Residents
Most cellulite dimpling can be removed with just one Cellfina® treatment. For patients who prefer a nonsurgical alternative to body-contouring procedures, it can safely and effectively smooth visible puckering on the skin’s surface.
Following a Cellfina® treatment, patients typically see visible results within just three days, and improvement continues for months. Patients who maintain their current weight enjoy results up to three years or more. Treatments can be safely repeated if necessary.
- Anesthesia: Local anesthetic solution to numb the area prior to cellulite treatment
- Length of procedure: Depends on the number and size of the treatment areas, but ranges from 30 to 60 minutes
- Estimated recovery time: A typical Cellfina® patient can expect to return to work the following day. For a few days following the procedure, we advise patients to refrain from intense exercise to allow adequate healing time.
- Side effects: Cellfina® can cause bruising, swelling, and tenderness at or near the cellulite treatment site, all of which should resolve within one to three weeks.
What is Aveli™?
Aveli™, like Cellfina®, targets the collagen bands responsible for dimpling on the buttocks and thighs. The device moves just under the skin, emitting light that allows the operator to quickly identify how deep it is, as well as confirm the location of cellulite-causing septae.
Once a problematic collagen band is discovered and hooked by the device, a very small blade severs it to release the tension. This allows for incredible precision, with the provider cutting only those septae responsible for dimpling and leaving others intact.
Results will be visible after the initial bruises fade, which can take approximately a month. Sustained improvement has been visible when checked three months after a treatment session.
Details About Aveli™ for St. Louis Residents
- Anesthesia: Local anesthetic solution to reduce sensation in the area
- Length of procedure: Each session is unique, but should take about an hour at most
- Estimated recovery time: Many people get back to their regular activities in 24 hours
- Side effects: Expect bruising and tenderness in the treatment area to last for up to a month
Before & After
Visit our Photo Gallery to see our patient results.
*Results may vary.View Patient Results
Procedures That Complement Aveli and Cellfina® in St. Louis
- CoolSculpting®. Stubborn pockets of fat respond well to technology that reduces fat through cryolipolysis (fat breakdown through cooling). This noninvasive, non-surgical body-sculpting procedure works well on many of the same areas of the body that are prone to cellulite.
- Thigh Lift. Following significant weight loss, many patients find that they have loose, sagging skin on their inner and/or outer thighs. A thigh lift removes this excess skin and improves the overall contour of the upper leg.
- Tumescent Liposuction. West County Plastic Surgeons offers the most advanced liposuction techniques to help patients surgically remove excess fat. Liposuction can be performed prior to Cellfina® for exceptional results.
To schedule your consultation for Aveli™ or Cellfina® at the St. Louis office of West County Plastic Surgeons, contact us about cellulite treatment by calling (314) 996-8800, sending a message online.