CELLFINA™ IN ST. LOUIS
Fast, Effective, Minimally Invasive Cellulite Treatment
Patients can find one of the most advanced cellulite treatments available in the world today, Cellfina™, at the St. Louis office of West County Plastic Surgeons. The Cellfina™ technology, approved by the FDA in August 2015, is the first clinically proven system designed to reduce the appearance of cellulite in just one treatment. The entire office procedure requires no surgery and no general anesthesia, and results typically last up to three years or more. Cellfina™ gives our patients just what they’ve been dreaming of: a long-term cellulite solution that enables them to wear whatever they want—with confidence.
Unlike previous leading cellulite treatments that involved incisions, Cellfina™ is minimally invasive. There are no cuts or sutures involved, and downtime is minimal.
To find out if Cellfina™ is right for you, contact our St. Louis office by phoning (314) 996-8800, requesting your consultation online, or emailing us today.
Cellfina at 7 months
Cellfina before and after
Roughly 85 to 90 percent of women over age 30 have some degree of cellulite, making it a persistent cosmetic complaint. Although cellulite creams, lotions, devices, and treatments abound, all offer varying success levels and patient satisfaction. Cellulite treatment results have been inconsistent. Until now.
Patients treated with Cellfina™ report a remarkable 96 percent satisfaction rate three years following treatment. At West County Plastic Surgeons, we believe that the difference lies in the approach. The Cellfina™ cellulite treatment differs from what came before because it addresses the primary cause of cellulite: the fibrous connective bands that pull on the skin’s surface and create a dimpled, bumpy look on a woman’s buttocks or outer thighs. The Cellfina™ procedure involves the use of a needle-sized microblade to release the connective bands and relieve the tension they create on the skin, helping create a smoother, more uniform surface appearance.
How Does Cellulite Form?
Cellulite is associated with fat, and while there is some relationship between the two, neither is a guarantee of the other. People with excess fat may have smooth skin, while people with a skinnier silhouette still frequently deal with the cosmetic skin condition.
As noted above, the problem lies in the connective bands that connect the uppermost layers of skin to the tissue beneath. For many women, expanding fat cells push the skin outward. In areas where there is a connective cord, the surrounding fat can bulge around it, leaving an indentation or pucker where a small patch of skin is held back, unable to move outward like the surrounding expanse. This can and does happen to the vast majority of women, a process that may also be related to estrogen levels and circulation issues. About 10 percent of men may experience cellulite of their own.
Cellfina™ is available to men and women alike seeking an effective cellulite treatment.
Details About Cellfina™ for St. Louis ResidentsMost cellulite dimpling can be removed with just one Cellfina™ treatment. For patients who prefer a nonsurgical alternative to body-contouring procedures, it can safely and effectively smooth visible puckering on the skin’s surface.
Following a Cellfina™ treatment, patients typically see visible results within just three days, and improvement continues for months. Patients who maintain their current weight enjoy results up to three years or more. Treatments can be safely repeated if necessary.
- Anesthesia: Local anesthetic solution to numb the area prior to cellulite treatment
- Length of procedure: Depends on the number and size of the treatment areas, but ranges from 30 to 60 minutes
- Estimated recovery time: A typical Cellfina™ patient can expect to return to work the following day. For a few days following the procedure, we advise patients to refrain from intense exercise to allow adequate healing time.
- Side effects: Cellfina™ can cause bruising, swelling, and tenderness at or near the cellulite treatment site, all of which should resolve within one to three weeks.
Procedures That Complement Cellfina™ in St. Louis
Since Cellfina™ is strictly a skin-based cosmetic treatment, other efforts must be taken to address any unwanted fat. Regular exercise and a healthy diet can reduce overall body fat, but many people find that stubborn pockets and bulges remain. In other cases, the excess fat may melt away, but stretched-out skin and sagging tissue can remain. The following procedures can enhance the look of the areas Cellfina™ treats, helping patients achieve optimal aesthetic results:
- CoolSculpting®. Stubborn pockets of fat respond well to CoolSculpting®, a new technology that reduces fat through cryolipolysis (fat breakdown through cooling). This non-invasive, non-surgical body-sculpting procedure works well on many of the same areas of the body that are prone to cellulite.
- Thigh Lift. Following significant weight loss, many patients find that they have loose, sagging skin on their inner and/or outer thighs. A thigh lift removes this excess skin and improves the overall contour of the upper leg.
- Tumescent Liposuction. West County Plastic Surgeons offers the most advanced liposuction techniques to help patients surgically remove excess fat. Liposuction can be performed prior to Cellfina™ for exceptional results.
To schedule your consultation for Cellfina™ at the St. Louis office of West County Plastic Surgeons, contact us about cellulite treatment by phoning (314) 996-8800, requesting your consultation online, or emailing us today.