Breast Implant Size
Choosing a breast implant size for your breast augmentation, also known as breast augmentation mammoplasty, can be both exciting and intimidating. On the one hand, you are taking positive steps to improve your appearance and self-confidence, but on the other hand, you might feel concerned that you will select a breast implant size that is either too large or too small. At West County Plastic Surgeons, we offer the following tools to help you choose the perfect breast implant size:
- Extensive library of actual patients’ before-and-after photos
- A complete range of silicone breast implant sizers to try on
- VECTRA® 3-D simulated images of you with various breast implant sizes
Board-certified plastic surgeons Drs. Terry Myckatyn and Marissa Tenenbaum understand that settling on a breast implant size can be one of the most difficult steps of having breast augmentation surgery. That is why we offer a few different methods to help you choose a breast implant size that looks and feels absolutely perfect.
You won’t know which breast implant size would look best until you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Contact our office today to start your journey: Request your appointment online, email us or phone (314) 996-8800
Best Breast Implant Sizing: Our Step-by-Step Process for St. Louis Patients
At West County Plastic Surgeons, we typically follow a step-by-step process to help patients select the correct breast implant size:
- Step 1 – Bring “Goal” Pictures: We recommend that you bring to your initial consultation a variety of images that reflect the specific breast look you hope to achieve. This gives your plastic surgeon valuable information about your desired breast implant size as well as other general preferences.
- Step 2 – View Patient Photos: We encourage you to view our extensive collection of before-and-after photos of actual WCPS patients. Most augmentation patients find themselves naturally drawn to a certain breast appearance, and in most cases this corresponds with the look portrayed in the photographs brought to the consultation.
- Step 3 – Talk to Your Surgeon: Before you are measured or begin trying out various sizes, you and your surgeon will have an honest, open discussion about your lifestyle, personality, and aesthetic goals:
- Are you the type of person who would like to attract attention with your new breasts, or would you prefer that most people did not immediately notice them?
- How active are you, and will large breasts interfere with any of your favorite activities?
- Fast-forward eight to ten years down the road: how do you think you will want to look at that time?
- Step 4 – Try on Sizers: To determine which breast implant shape and size might meet your needs, your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your breasts (width, height, and other dimensions) and chest wall to determine which device would be proportionate to your unique anatomy and help you achieve your desired goals. Breast implant sizes are labeled in cubic centimeters (ccs) according to volume, not cup size. The larger the number, the larger the implant. They are also categorized by profile, or how far they project from the chest, and they range from moderate to high profile.
- Step 4 – View Your Results Before Surgery: Once your surgeon has selected a range of breast implant sizes, you will be invited to view simulated images of yourself using the VECTRA® 3-D Imaging System. This system provides realistic views from a variety of angles, and it offers side-by-side comparison with your current appearance.
Finally, if you have clearly communicated your desires to your surgeon, you should also trust that he or she will help you realize them. After all, sometimes the final decision about breast implant size occurs in the operating room, once your surgeon sees first hand how the implant looks when placed in your chest. For this and countless other reasons, it is imperative to choose a well-trained, board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience performing breast augmentation. West County Plastic Surgeons has two of the best in the area, so you can feel confident that you will have a safe, satisfying experience.
Ready to find out which breast implant size is perfect for you? Schedule your breast augmentation consultation at West County Plastic Surgeons: request your consultation online, email us or phone (314) 996-8800today.