- What You Need to Know About a Mommy Makeover
- A Brief History of Lip Injections
- An effective nonsurgical alternative to liposuction
- Breast Augmentation
- What Sets Laser Lipo Apart?
Three Options for Removing Fat: Kybella®, CoolSculpting®, and Liposuction
Choosing how you want your body to look is important, and so is the method used to achieve your desired results. While three people may want to lose fat, one may want to slim down only a small, specific area without surgery, one may want to tackle large areas without incisions, and one may want instant results available from liposuction. St. Louis’ West County Plastic Surgeons of Washington University knows that each patient is different, which is why the team of doctors and other medical professionals offers everything from involved surgical procedures to aesthetic treatments in a spa setting.
A common goal for many patients is fat reduction. As noted above, there are a variety of options, each one offering unique benefits. Here is a brief overview of three:
- Kybella® is an injectable that destroys fat cells in the submental area, used to reduce a double chin. Results are localized and gradual, appearing over the course of weeks and multiple treatment sessions. This is considered to be a minimally invasive options, since injections are involved, but there are no incisions.
- CoolSculpting® is a noninvasive treatment that uses panels to pull heat from fatty tissue and destroy the unwanted cells. Like Kybella®, fat is reduced over time, and multiple sessions may be required to create the desired results.
- Liposuction is a surgical method that involves a doctor inserting a cannula to physically break apart fat cells, then suctioning them out. This is considered to be the most invasive option, but also offers the most immediate—and, potentially, dramatic—results.
Which to choose? A doctor will help you determine the best option based on a consultation that takes your current health and history into account, as well as the ultimate look you want.
Learn more about Kybella®, CoolSculpting®, and liposuction in St. Louis, as well as other options for cosmetic changes, by contacting the office to learn more.
If you have questions or would like to book a consultation with one of the surgeons at West County Plastic Surgery, please call (314) 996-8800.