- What You Need to Know About a Mommy Makeover
- A Brief History of Lip Injections
- An effective nonsurgical alternative to liposuction
- Breast Augmentation
- What Sets Laser Lipo Apart?
The Best Pre-Treatment Care for Thread Lifts
When certain proteins and other beneficial components of your skin are lost, sagging can start to develop below your chin or jawline. Known as jowls, this unwanted feature forms as the skin becomes thinner and loses its elasticity. As this happens, the constant pull of gravity causes the skin to sag in the area around the mouth and chin. A facelift is the traditional method used to restore a more youthful appearance in this region, but now that new techniques have been introduced, plastic surgery is no longer the only way to treat such effects of aging as loose skin. A “non-surgical facelift” involves minimally invasive treatments that can be combined to provide lift and support to the tissues and skin on the face. InstaLift®, which is used for non-surgical facelifts at our St. Louis-based practice, helps to restore more youthful proportions to the face, neck, and body. Along with its lifting effect that is visible right away, a thread lift also promotes the production of new collagen for long-term benefits, such as improving the texture and volume of the skin in treated areas.
If you’re planning on having a non-surgical facelift, here are some of the best tips for preparing for the treatment in advance:
• Start by meeting with a member of the West County Plastic Surgeons team to decide on the best plan for your specific skin type and concerns.
• Get lab testing or a medical evaluation as necessary.
• Avoid smoking, alcohol, or any other substances that could cause the skin to become dehydrated or cause harmful effects when they interact with the anesthetic.
• Avoid all aspirin-based products or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Neurofen, and Naproxen/Naprogesic—as long as it is medically safe for you to do so.
• Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs and certain herbal supplements that increase the chance of bleeding or bruising.
• Make arrangements for a friend to drive you to and from the procedure.
The treatment itself does not take long, and no down time is required for healing after getting thread lifts. There will be some swelling and bruising, but patients can get back to their regularly daily schedule as soon as they would like.
Want to learn more about how a non-surgical facelift at West County Plastic Surgeons of Washington University works or find out more about other skin tightening procedures? Call (314) 996-8800 or send a message online to request a consultation.
If you have questions or would like to book a consultation with one of the surgeons at West County Plastic Surgery, please call (314) 996-8800.