- What You Need to Know About a Mommy Makeover
- A Brief History of Lip Injections
- An effective nonsurgical alternative to liposuction
- Breast Augmentation
- What Sets Laser Lipo Apart?
Decades ago, people who watched as their cheeks sank in, jowls formed, and their first wrinkles appeared on their faces due to collagen loss, they had no choice but to accept them. There’s no way to fully prevent the effects of gravity and intrinsic aging from taking their toll—but today, we have the option of cosmetic treatments to smooth the skin and add fullness to areas where volume has been lost, all in way that still looks subtle and natural. When you’re considering fillers to enhance certain features, define the contours of your face, or reduce wrinkles, you may be thinking about showing off your look, and the last thing on your mind might be preparation. Even though non-surgical injectable procedures are quite straightforward and require minimal preparation, planning ahead can help to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible. There’s no doubt that what you do beforehand will have an impact on the procedure and your recovery. Since our injectors routinely provide a variety of JUVEDERM® facial fillers, our St. Louis-based patients benefit from experience and recommendations as to what they can do on the day of their treatment to maximize their results.
Here are some tips:
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine prior to having fillers, as these will thin your blood and make bruising more likely.
- Don’t take anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medicines, herbs or supplements—such as aspirin, ibuprofen, Excedrin, Motrin, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, flax oil, cod liver oil, fish oil, vitamin A, and vitamin E. Be sure to check with a medical professional to ensure this is a healthy choice for you.
- Don’t wax, tweeze, bleach, or apply hair removal products to your face.
- Have a small meal or snack before your appointment, and stay hydrated. If you’re hungry or dehydrated during your appointment, you might feel faint.
- Wearing makeup usually won’t be an issue, but it all depends on where you will be getting injections. Talk to your injector about this beforehand. They may recommend leaving off makeup altogether.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothes.
- Clear your schedule to give yourself the opportunity to relax. You’ll need to skip the gym for a day or two after your injections.
- Bring makeup with you if you wish to apply it after injections and it’s safe to do so.
- Arrive early so that you have enough time to prepare.
Thinking of having JUVEDERM® or another filler? Discover more about your options for injectables from West County Plastic Surgeons of Washington University. Call us at (314) 996-8800, or submit a contact form to schedule a consultation.