- What You Need to Know About a Mommy Makeover
- A Brief History of Lip Injections
- An effective nonsurgical alternative to liposuction
- Breast Augmentation
- What Sets Laser Lipo Apart?
Are you considering a breast revision in St Louis? It’s common for women with breast implants to seek a revision at some point in their lives, whether due to a change in personal preferences or medical reasons. However, we understand that this decision can be overwhelming. To ease your journey, we’ve created a brief but comprehensive guide on breast revision. As you read on, you’ll gain valuable insights into the procedure, enabling you to make a more informed choice.
What Is Breast Revision Surgery?
A breast implant revision surgery is a follow-up procedure to improve previous breast augmentation results. In most cases, the procedure entails the removal of existing breast implants and their replacement with new ones. Sometimes, however, implants are removed without replacement. The procedure aims to tackle complications, enhance aesthetics, and improve patient satisfaction.
The Top Reasons for Breast Revision Surgery
There are a number of reasons why someone might consider breast implant revision:
- For some women, issues related to implants—such as capsular contracture, implant rupture or leakage, or implant malposition—may occur. Revision surgery is required to address and resolve specific concerns arising from these complications.
- Women may not be satisfied with the size, shape, or appearance of their breast implants, leading them to opt for a revision surgery to achieve their desired outcome.
- As women go through different life stages, their preferences for breast size and shape may change, prompting them to seek revision surgery to align with their current desires.
Finding the Best Surgeon for Breast Revision in St. Louis
The success of breast implant revision surgery heavily relies on choosing a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. Before making a decision, research and consult with multiple surgeons to evaluate their experience in breast revision procedures. A board-certified plastic surgeon with specialized knowledge and skills in breast revision surgeries is what you need to look for.
To make a well-informed decision, ask questions, seek referrals, and request before-and-after photos of their prior work.
The Breast Implant Revision Surgery Process
Breast revision surgery is usually performed with the patient under general anesthesia. Steps in a typical breast revision procedure may include the following:
- The previous breast implant can be removed through the original incision or a different one.
- Capsulectomy or implant repositioning techniques can help in managing complications such as capsular contracture or implant malposition.
- The characteristics of the new implant—its size, shape, type, and placement—will be determined by the patient’s goals and the surgeon’s recommendations.
- The incisions are closed with sutures, and sterile dressings are applied to the surgical wounds.
Although recovery time and individual results may differ, women can generally expect to resume most normal activities within one to two weeks after the procedure. To ensure proper healing, however, it’s important to avoid strenuous activities for a few more weeks.
Contact West County Plastic Surgeons for Excellence in Breast Revision
If you’re thinking about breast revision in St. Louis, make sure to seek out the care of our highly skilled surgeons. At West County Plastic Surgeons, our compassionate team is committed to helping you through every stage of the breast revision process to ensure that you are completely satisfied with the outcome.
Ready to take the next step toward renewed confidence and a stunning new look? Let West County Plastic Surgeons guide you through a successful breast revision journey by contacting us today at 314.996.8800 or booking a consultation online.